LEONG JIN HOONG
Leong specializes in Intellectual Property portfolio development. His practice includes the preparation and prosecution of all types of patent, trade mark, industrial design, copyright, plant varieties, domain name and other intellectual property issues including pre-patenting investigations, patent litigation and support, prior art searches, patent drafting and prosecution. Leong also works with business-related IP issues such as strategies IP consultation and questions regarding validity, infringement, due diligence, patent mining and freedom to operate.
He works with executives, managers, in-house attorneys, inventors and principals to develop and implement patent strategies and ensure those strategies are integrated with the organisation’s business plan. Leong also works with business-related IP issues such as strategies IP consultation and questions regarding validity, infringement, due diligence, patent mining and freedom to operate. His specialization of technical fields includes clean tech, materials, nanotechnology, medical technology, medical devices, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and organic chemistry, environmental technology, oil and gas, mechanical, electrical, telecommunications, capacitive sensors used in the automotive and computer fields and other related fields.
In addition, he has rich experience with contracts of service, employment issues, industrial actions, judicial reviews, law on dismissals, employment law, retrenchment, as well as statutory benefits,and commercial and corporate, real estate, construction, etc. He has appeared extensively in the High Court, the Court of Appeal, for judicial review applications and appeals.
He is now a Partner in Messrs Ng, Arlene Tan & Leong following the merger of Arlene Tan & Co and Ng, Caroline & Partners.
Qualifications and Association
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons.), London
- Certificate in Legal Practice, Malaysia
- Bsc (Hons), Pure Chemistry, University Science of Malaysia
- Msc in Environmental Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, National Defence University of Malaysia
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
- Registered Trade Mark Agent, Malaysia
- Registered Patent Agent, Malaysia
- Registered Industrial Design Agent, Malaysia
- Member of Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)
- Member of Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA)
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of Association Of European Lawyers (Asociacion Europea De Abogados)
- Member of International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI)
- Member of International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)